![]() |
| California Chrome & Alan Sherman Photo by Mike Kane |
Can we put him in the same category? Not just yet. If California Chrome wins the Belmont Stakes and garners the elusive Triple Crown victory though, he will have taken about 1000 strides towards that same distinction. Just like he loves to do in the stretch drive. Win, lose, or draw it has been one amazing ride. One that I am very grateful to have been along for. Thank you Perry, Steve, Art, Alan, Victor, Willie, and Raul for bringing out the very best in your amazing horse. May the journey be a safe and victorious one. Here are the free IC selections.
Race 1-----Allowance 96000N1X -----1 1/16 Miles
IC1-----#2 Bernardo / J. Toscano Jr. / J. Ortiz / 3-1
IC2-----#7 Forever Thing / T. Pletcher / J. Velazquez / 7-2
IC3-----#4 Lieutenant Seany O / D. Jacobson / 6-1
IC4-----#8 Wabbajack / J. Toner / R. Maragh / 8-1
Race 2-----The Easy Goer $150,000-----1 1/16 Miles
IC1-----#5 Misconnect / T. Pletcher / J. Castellano / 4-1
IC2-----#6 No Surrender / T. Pletcher / J. Bravo / 8-1
IC3-----#4 Kid Cruz / L. Rice / I. Ortiz Jr. / 5-2
IC4-----#7 Legend / H. Bond / L. Saez / 3-1
Race 3-----The Brooklyn Invitational Grade II $500,000-----1 1/2 Miles
IC1-----#4 Cat Burglar / B. Baffert / R. Napravnik / 5-2
IC2-----#2 Ground Transport / M. Stidham / J. Velazquez / 3-1
IC3-----#3 Micromanage / T. Pletcher / J. Castellano / 7-2
IC4-----#1 Eriugena (Ire) / M. Maker / M. Smith / 10-1
Race 4-----The Jaipur Invitational Grade III $300,000-----6 Furlongs (Inner Turf)
IC1-----#11 Salto / T. Pletcher / I. Ortiz Jr. / 5-1
IC2-----#10 Marchman / W. Calhoun / R. Albarado / 3-1
IC3-----#8 Ben's Cat / K. Leatherbury / J. Pimentel / 5-2
IC4-----#3 Marriedtothemusic / L. Rice / C. Velasquez / 12-1
Race 5-----The Woody Stephens Grade II $500,000-----7 Furlongs
IC1-----#1 Bayern / B. Baffert / G. Stevens / 5-1
IC2-----#5 Coup de Grace / C. Brown / J. Castellano / 10-1
IC3-----#7 Tonito M. / J. Hollendorfer / C. Nakatani / 20-1
IC4-----#3 Havana / T. Pletcher / J. Velazquez / 6-1
Race 6-----The TVG Acorn Grade I $750,000-----1 Mile
IC1-----#8 My Miss Sophia / T. Pletcher / J. Castellano / 6-5
IC2-----#3 Fiftyshadesofgold / W. Calhoun / M. Smith / 8-1
IC3-----#9 Artemis Agrotera / M. Hushion / J. Ortiz / 5-1
IC4-----#5 Sweet Reason / L. Gyarmati / I. Ortiz Jr. / 10-1
Race 7-----The Ogden Phipps Grade I $1,000,000-----1 1/16 Miles
IC1-----#1 Close Hatches / W. Mott / J. Rosario / 5-2
IC2-----#5 Beholder / R. Mandella / G. Stevens / 7-5
IC3-----#6 Princess of Sylmar / T. Pletcher / J. Castellano / 9-5
IC4-----#2 Antipathy / K. McLaughlin / I. Ortiz Jr. / 30-1
Race 8-----The Longines Just a Game Grade I $750,000-----1 Mile (Turf)
IC1-----#9 Discreet Marq / C. Clement / I. Ortiz Jr. / 5-2
IC2-----#6 Stephanie's Kitten / C. Brown / J. Velazquez / 4-1
IC3-----#10 Better Lucky / T. Albertrani / J. Rosario / 3-1
IC4-----#8 Waterway Run / C. Brown / J. Lezcano / 6-1
Race 9-----The Metropolitan Handicap Grade I $1,250,000-----1 Mile
IC1-----#9 Normandy Invasion / C. Brown / J. Castellano / 5-1
IC2-----#1 Palace Malice / T. Pletcher / J. Velazquez / 8-5
IC3-----#13 Shakin It Up / B. Baffert / R. Napravnik / 6-1
IC4-----#4 Goldencents / D. O'Neill / M. Smith / 10-1
Race 10-----The Knob Creek Manhattan Grade I $1,000,000-----1 1/4 Miles (Inner Turf)
IC1-----#1 Imagining / C. McGaughey III / J. Velazquez / 7-2
IC2-----#5 Boisterous / T. Pletcher / C. Nakatani / 8-1
IC3-----#10 Chamois / C. Clement / J. Bravo / 15-1
IC4-----#8 Real Solution / J. Castellano / 5-1
IC5-----#6 Seek Again / W. Mott / J. Rosario / 3-1
Race 11-----The Belmont Grade I $1,500,000-----1 1/2 Miles
IC1-----#2 California Chrome / A. Sherman / V. Espinoza / 3-5
IC2-----#9 Wicked Strong / J. Jerkens / R. Maragh / 6-1
IC3-----#7 Samraat / R. Violette Jr. / J. Ortiz / 20-1
IC4-----#8 Commissioner / T. Pletcher / J. Castellano / 20-1
IC5-----#4 Commanding Curve / D. Stewart / S. Bridgmohan / 15-1
Race 12-----Optional Claiming 62k/N2X-----1 1/8 Miles (Inner Turf)
IC1-----#1 Cheyenne Nation / R. Rodriguez / C. Velasquez / 12-1
IC2-----#6 Red Vine / C. Clement / J. Rosario / 5-1
IC3-----#12 Mr. Jenney / C. Clement / J. Lezcano / 4-1
IC4-----#3 Inchcape / J. Servis / I. Ortiz Jr. / 12-1
Race 13-----Optional Claiming 62k/N2X-----7 Furlongs
IC1-----#5 In Trouble / A. Dutrow / R. Napravnik / 5-2
IC2-----#11 Celebrator / T. Pletcher / J. Velazquez / 10-1
IC3-----#1 Kingsford Drive / B. Brown / J. Lezcano / 15-1
IC4-----#8 Pazolini / K. McLaughlin / J. Rosario / 3-1
The IC selections have an excellent track record at Belmont Park. The Trifecta's, Superfectas, Pick 3's, Pick 4's, and Pick 6 investments can be life changing in these very large pari-mutuel pools.
Enjoy the day and the moment. You never know when a life changer can appear, but I'm ready.
I can see the finish line, and I like what I see.

No comments:
Post a Comment