Thursday, July 17, 2014

The 2014 Del Mar Meet Is Here & Away They Go

      The 2014 summer meet at Del Mar has gotten underway this afternoon. I have been to many race tracks in my lifetime, but in my mind Del Mar along the Pacific Ocean has to be the most incredible from both a visual and a horse betting standpoint. When the legendary singer Bing Crosby coos "Where the turf meets the surf down at old Del Mar," I must imagine that he had to have felt the same way that I do.

     It was here, at this majestic and historic race track in the summer of 2009, where I hit the first Pick 6 ticket of my life not once, but twice due to a late scratch and I ended up cashing for a little over $4,900 from a measly $96 dollar investment. I remember it well as my top selection, IC1, won 5 of the 6 races in the sequence for me that afternoon.

     So here we are 5 years later. This handicapper is delighted. It's summer. It's my time of year. But life tends to throw us many "curve balls," and unfortunately I will be unable to give as much attention to this meet as I have in previous summers. But I can do the following. I will share as much information as my time permits. For those of you who love to see these great animals run, Del Mar is one of the greatest places on earth to do so. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment