Friday, January 6, 2012

Passions

     Many years ago, I read a fabulous book by a great author from yesteryear named Napoleon Hill. The book was called "Laws of Success." It is the finest book that I have ever read, and those that know me well, know that I have read many, many, books in my time. So for me to say that about Mr. Hill's work, well, it's quite a statement. I would highly recommend this book to anyone seeking answers on life, your calling, and a blueprint for getting along in this crazy world of ours. It has some amazing insight.

     Mr. Hill had an opinion in this fine book of his that one could find the most success in life, by being passionate about what you do and finding a career that you were truly passionate about. How true those words are, especially today, with so many Americans struggling to find themselves in this crazy world of ours, most finding it almost impossible to prosper at something that they truly enjoy in life. I have worked very hard in my lifetime, seeking and hoping for a better life for myself and my family, but have reached many, many dead ends along the way. Now, I enjoy writing, and with today's modern technology that makes it so easy, I can.

      I would like to thank everyone that has come to our site, especially my sister, who taught me how to read when I was 2 years old, and my cousin Dale, who first suggested this forum and has inspired me to never give up on this crazy dream of writing about my passion. Thank you very much Carol and Dale, and to all of my family and friends. Now I know that most of you are not that passionate about horses or horse racing in general, like Dale and I, but I will also be writing about other things as well. As some of you know, I am working on a few different stories right now. It is my hope that everyone finds their passions in life, and please remember something that my dear grandmother once told me. She told me that life is short, and no matter what you do, enjoy your life. I love those words, and miss her very dearly. In the meantime, I'll be watching a horse race, putting some statistics in a database, writing about it a little bit at a time, and waiting for the warmth of summer, which means hot summer days where the turf meets the surf at old Del Mar.

1 comment:

  1. We're all excited to read your first book, William. Can't wait 'til it comes out. In the meantime...Happy Horse Racing!
    Love Dan & Paulette

    ReplyDelete